If it weren’t for our remarkable nervous system, we might never know about most serious problems, or be able to correct them before they get worse.
Common symptoms needing chiropractic care
You may benefit from chiropractic care and treatment if:
- You have developed any kind of pain in your joints or skeletal structures such as your neck, back, shoulder blades, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, or ankles.
- You have developed problems walking, such as erratic movement, loss of rhythm or difficulty with your balance; this may be a sign of muscle weakness or other problem.
- You have developed sensory problems such as numbness, tingling, burning, or localized pain. Nerves in your spinal cord branch off into sensory and motor nerves. A good example of this, and one that is common among people with back problems, is sciatica pain. Sciatica pain usually radiates down one leg or another. These types of sensory symptoms are not normal and may indicate a problem with the nerves in your spine. In some cases, these sensory problems radiate from one area to another.
- Your reflexes are diminished or absent. Reflex reactions are normal if you bump part of your body, such as a physician tapping your kneecap with an instrument. If no reflex reaction occurs in this instance, it could be a sign that you have incurred some kind of damage to your spinal cord, nerve root, peripheral nerve, or muscle.
Subluxations & Spinal-related disorders
Here are some common symptoms that may indicate that you have a subluxation or other spinal-related disorder:
- Blurred vision
- Bowel or bladder problems
- Dizziness (also vertigo)
- Earaches or ringing
- Leg cramps
- Muscle twitching
- Numbness and/or tingling
- Swallowing difficulty
- Walking or gait problems
- •Weakness in your arms or legs
- Low back pain and/or stiffness
- Neck pain and/or stiffness
- Pain between the shoulder blades
- Pain in the arms or legs, feet and hands
- Pain in the jaw or face
- Shoulder pain
I can help
If you believe you have any of the above pains, conditions, or symptoms – I can help. Call me today at 814-860-DISC to schedule an appointment so that we can begin working together to implement a chiropractic care plan to get you back on the right track.